RUSH TOWNSHIP BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
AGENDA – JANUARY 3, 2017
1. Call Meeting to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Motion to Adjourn Old Board
4. Motion to Appoint Temporary Chairman – Robert Leibensperger
5. Motion to Appoint Temporary Secretary – Shawn Gilbert
6. Motion to Re-Organize the Board of Supervisors for 2017.
1. Nominate Shawn Gilbert as Chairman for 2017.
2. Nominate Robert Leibensperger as Vice-Chairman for 2017.
3. Nominate Jeaninne Motroni as Supervisor 2017.
CALL NEW BOARD TO ORDER
7. Motion to appoint Katie Orlick as the Full-Time Secretary/Treasurer for 2017, at the rate of
$17.00/hr. Township Hours of Operation are 8am-5pm, with an Hour Unpaid Lunch.
8. Motion to appoint Kelly Giordano as the Part-Time Administrative Assistant for 2017, at the rate of $15.00/hr. Working 9am-3pm, flexible.
9. Motion to Appoint Christopher Riedlinger as Solicitor for 2017, for the Board of Supervisors
10. Motion to Appoint Solicitor for 2017, for the Planning Commission at $110.00/hr.
11. Motion to Appoint Solicitor for 2017, for the Zoning Hearing Board at $85.00/hr.
(Burke & Burke).
12. Motion to Appoint Bank to be Named Depository for 2017, Mauch Chunk Trust.
13. Motion to Appoint Arro Consulting as Zoning & Code Enforcement Officer on as
Needed Basis. (Rate Schedule Exhibit A)
14. Motion to Appoint Arro Consulting as the Engineering Firm for 2017, on as Needed Basis.
(Rate Schedule Exhibit A)
15. Motion to Appoint Engineer and/or Consultant for 2017, for the Planning Commission.
Arro Consulting (Rate Schedule Exhibit A)
16. Motion to Set Compensation for Each Planning Commission Member at $20.00/meeting.
17. Motion to Pay the Planning Commission Secretary, a rate of $12.00/hr.
18. Motion to Set Compensation for Each Zoning Hearing Board Member at $10.00/hearing.
19. Motion to Set Compensation for Each Township Auditor at $10.00/hr.
20. Motion to Appoint Sewage Code Enforcement Officer for 2017, (William Brior $45.00/hr.)
As Per Resolution # 2017-01.
21. Motion to Appoint the Alternate Sewage Code Enforcement Officers for 2017 (Bruce Dobash & Samantha Brior) As per Resolution # 2017-01.
22. Motion to Appoint Bob Ritsick of the Rush Township Planning Commission to Serve as the
Township Representative for the Regional Planning Board.
23. Motion to Adopt Resolution 2017-01 Setting Fee Schedule for 2017 for the Sewage Enforcement Officer.
24. Motion to Re-Appoint the Following Road Crew Workers and Rates for 2017 as Follows:
1. Barry Ruch as Full-Time Equipment Operator/CDL Truck Driver/Road Foreman/
Part-Time Sewer Dept. at the Rate of $20.00/hr.
2. Elden Neifert as Full-Time Equipment Operator/CDL Truck Driver/Laborer, at the
Rate of $18.50/hr.
3. Lance Frantz as Full-Time Equipment Operator/CDL Truck Driver/Laborer, at the
4. Anthony Sfarra as Full-Time Equipment Operator/CDL Truck Driver/Laborer, at the
Rate of $18.00/hr.
• Seasonal Winter Truck Driver at the Rate of $15.00/hr.
• Road Department Hours will be 8:00am – 4:30pm, with 1/2hr Unpaid Lunch.
• Flexible as Seasons Change.
25. Motion to Re-Appoint Michael Zimmerman, as Township Sewer Department Employee,
At a Rate of $22.00/hr. Hours will be 6:30am – 3:00pm, with 1/2hr Unpaid Lunch.
26. Motion for Benefits for Full-Time Township Employees are as Follows for 2017: Paid Vacation (Currently). After One Year & on the Employee’s Anniversary date, 5 Days, 4 to 9
Years, 10 Days, 10 Years & Longer 15 Days. New Full-Time Employees Must Complete a One Year New Hire Probationary Period with the Option to Extend up to One Year. Upon Completion of the 90 Days, New Full-Time Employees will be Given Medical Insurance, Vision, Dental, Life with Full Coverage on Employees; 9 Paid Holidays (Currently): New Year’s Day – Good Friday – Memorial Day – 4th of July – Labor Day – Thanksgiving Day – Day After Thanksgiving – Christmas Eve – Christmas Day; 2 Personal Days (Cannot be Carried Over); 2 Bereavement Days; Employer/Employee Continuing Pension Plan; Work Clothes & a $100.00 Work Boot Allowance for the Road/Sewer Crew. When an Employee exceeds their Vacation & Personal Days the Employee Needs a medical Excuse for Additional Time Off. No Exceptions for Time off without Pay.
27. Motion to Re-Appoint Part-Time Police Officers as Follows:
• Bradley Hess as a Part-Time Police Officer at $20.00/hr.
• Corey Herring as a Part-Time Police Officer at $20.00/hr.
• Robert Bechtel as a Part-Time Police Officer at $20.00/hr.
• Richard Sinton as a Part-Time Police Officer at $20.00/hr.
• Ryan Rehatchek as a Part-Time Police Officer at $20.00/hr.
• Ryan Oldt as a Part-Time Police Officer at $20.00/hr.
• Lynn Yorke II as a Part-Time Police Officer at $20.000/hr.
• Tanner Noecker as a Part-Time Police Officer at $20.00/hr.
• Frederick Lahovski as a Part-Time Officer at $20.00/hr.
• New Hire Part-Time Police Officer at $20.00/hr.
28. Motion that the Board of Supervisors appoint the following list of names for the Hometown Fire Co. & Quakake Volunteer Fire Co. as Township Fire Police for 2017.
29. Motion to Appoint Lorraine Brill as the Emergency Management Coordinator.
30. Motion to Appoint David H. Clewell Sr. as the EMA Assistant.
31. Motion to Authorize the Treasurer to Pay Payroll Every Other Week.
32. Motion to Set the Treasurer’s Bond Limits. (3 Million Dollars).
33. Motion that the Chairman & Secretary be authorized to Sign the Recap Sheet & Bond for the Tax Collector when Due.
34. Motion that the Board of Supervisors, or Employees deemed Necessary from the Board of Supervisors be Authorized to Attend the State Convention in Hershey, Pa. April 23-26, 2017. Authorize Mileage, Room, Hourly Pay Rate & $50.00/day Food Allowance for the 3 Days of Attendance.
35. Motion to Name Board of Supervisors as the Voting Delegate & Employee as the Alternate Voting Delegate for the State Convention in Hershey, Pa.
36. Motion to Authorize the Board of Supervisors & an Employee to Attend the 2017 PAHRA Conferences & include Mileage, Room, Food Allowance & Pay at Regular Rate.
37. Motion to Authorize Elected Officials to Attend the Schuylkill Co. Convention & Pay them as Permitted by The Second-Class Twp. Code.
38. Motion to Appoint One Registered Elector to Serve as the Chairman of the Vacancy Board for 2017 – Joseph P. Leonzi, Jr.
39. Motion to Set Township Reimbursement Rate for Mileage for 2017 at .56/mile.
40. Motion to Appoint a Resident Representative to the Eastern Schuylkill Recreation Commission for a One Year Term – David H. Clewell Sr.
41. Motion to Appoint a Supervisor Representative to the Eastern Schuylkill Recreation Commission for a One Year Term – Robert Leibensperger.
42. Motion to Appoint Robert Leibensperger as a Representative & Jeaninne Motroni as an Alternate Representative to Attend the North Schuylkill Landfill Association Meetings.
43. Motion to Set the Meeting Dates and Times for 2017, to be held Every 3rd Thursday of Each Month at 7pm. Except for the Month of January.
44. Motion to Adopt Resolution 2017-02 (Signatures for Bank Accounts)
45. Motion to Adopt Resolution 2017-03 Setting the Garbage & Recycling Collection & Disposal Fees.
46. Motion to Adopt Resolution 2017-04 Setting the Sewer Fees for Lake Hauto.
47. Motion to Adopt Resolution 2017-05 Setting the Sewer Fees for Hometown.
48. Motion to Adopt Resolution 2017-06 Setting UCC Permit Fees Schedule.
49. Motion to Adopt Resolution 2017-07 Appointing TCC Voting Delegates as Follows:
Primary Voting Delegate – Jeaninne Motroni, First Alternate Voting Delegate – Robert Leibensperger, Second Voting Delegate – Shawn Gilbert.
50. Motion to Appoint the Alcohol/Drug – Free Workplace Supervisor – Chief of Police.
51. Motion to Use the Times News as the Newspaper of the Township.
52. Motion for TeamLogicIT to be our Computer & Website Consultant for the Township.
54. Motion to Appoint Shawn Gilbert as Road Master for 2017.
55. Motion to Appoint Shawn Gilbert as the Representative for COG (Council of Governments).
56. Motion to Appoint Robert Leibensperger to Represent the 504 Plan.
A motion was made by Vice Chairman Leibensperger to approve all motions stated in the Re-Organization agenda. Chairman Gilbert approved and Vice Chairman Leibensperger seconded. Katie Orlick polled the board. All members voted in favor of the motion, motion carried.
Jeaninne Motroni was not present due to work obligations.