RUSH TOWNSHIP BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
JANUARY 7, 2019
The yearly Re-Organization meeting was held at the Rush Township Municipal Building on Monday, January 7, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. In attendance were: Chairman Shawn Gilbert, Vice Chairman Robert Leibensperger, Supervisor Jeaninne Motroni, Treasurer/Secretary Debbie DelFranco, Administrative Assistant Kelly Chicarelli and Solicitor Christopher Riedlinger.
- Call Meeting to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Motion to Adjourn Old Board
- Motion to Appoint Temporary Chairman – Robert Leibensperger
- Motion to Appoint Temporary Secretary – Shawn Gilbert
- Motion to Re-Organize the Board of Supervisors for 2019.
- Nominate Shawn Gilbert as Chairman for 2019.
- Nominate Robert Leibensperger as Vice-Chairman for 2019.
- Nominate Jeaninne Motroni as Supervisor 2019.
CALL NEW BOARD TO ORDER
- Motion to appoint Deborah DelFranco as the Full-Time Secretary/Treasurer for 2019, at the rate of $18.00/hr. Township Hours of Operation are 8am-4:30pm, with an Half Hour Unpaid Lunch.
- Motion to appoint Kelly Chicarelli as the Part-Time Administrative Assistant for 2019, at the rate of $17.00/hr. Working 9am-3pm, flexible, including paid holidays.
- Motion to Appoint Christopher Riedlinger as Solicitor for 2019, for the Board of Supervisors
- Motion to Appoint Solicitor for 2019, for the Planning Commission at $110.00/hr.
- Motion to Appoint Solicitor for 2019, for the Zoning Hearing Board at $85.00/hr.
(Burke & Burke).
- Motion to Appoint Bank to be Named Depository for 2019, Mauch Chunk Trust.
- Motion to Appoint Arro Consulting as Zoning & Code Enforcement Officer on as
Needed Basis. (Rate Schedule Exhibit A)
- Motion to Appoint Arro Consulting as the Engineering Firm for 2019, on as Needed Basis.
(Rate Schedule Exhibit A)
- Motion to Appoint Engineer and/or Consultant for 2019, for the Planning Commission.
Arro Consulting (Rate Schedule Exhibit A)
- Motion to Set Compensation for Each Planning Commission Member at $20.00/meeting.
- Motion to Pay the Planning Commission Secretary, a rate of $13.00/hr.
- Motion to Set Compensation for Each Zoning Hearing Board Member at $10.00/hearing.
- Motion to Set Compensation for Each Township Auditor at $10.00/hr.
- Motion to Appoint Sewage Code Enforcement Officer for 2019, (William Brior $50.00/hr.)
As Per Resolution # 2019-01.
- Motion to Appoint the Alternate Sewage Code Enforcement Officer(s) for 2019 (Samantha Brior) As per Resolution # 2019-01.
- Motion to Appoint Bob Ritsick of the Rush Township Planning Commission to Serve as the
Township Representative for the Regional Planning Board.
- Motion to Adopt Resolution 2019-01 Setting Fee Schedule for 2019 for the Sewage Enforcement Officer.
- Motion to Re-Appoint the Following Road Crew Workers and Rates for 2019 as Follows:
- 1. Elden Neifert as Full-Time Equipment Operator/CDL Truck Driver/Road Foreman/
Part-Time Sewer Dept. at the Rate of $23.00/hr.
- 2. Anthony Sfarra as Full-Time Equipment Operator/CDL Truck Driver/Laborer, at the
Rate of $20.00/hr.
- Lonnie Ahner as Full-Time Equipment Operator/CDL Truck Driver/Laborer, at the
- 4. Ronald Neifert as Full-Time Equipment Operator/CDL Truck Driver/Laborer, at the
Rate of $18.00/hr.
- Seasonal Winter Truck Driver at the Rate of $15.00/hr.
- Road Department Hours will be 6:30am – 3:00pm, with 1/2hr Unpaid Lunch.
- Flexible as Seasons Change.
- Motion to Re-Appoint Michael Zimmerman, as Township Sewer Department Employee,
At a Rate of $25.00/hr. Hours will be 6:30am – 3:00pm, with 1/2hr Unpaid Lunch.
- Motion for Benefits for Full-Time Township Employees are as Follows for 2019: Paid Vacation (Currently). After One Year & on the Employee’s Anniversary date, 5 Days, 4 to 9
Years, 10 Days, 10 Years & Longer 15 Days. New Full-Time Employees Must Complete a One Year New Hire Probationary Period with the Option to Extend up to One Year. Upon Completion of the 90 Days, New Full-Time Employees will be Given Medical Insurance, Vision, Dental, Life with Full Coverage on Employees; 9 Paid Holidays (Currently): New Year’s Day – Good Friday – Memorial Day – 4th of July – Labor Day – Thanksgiving Day – Day After Thanksgiving – Christmas Eve – Christmas Day; 2 Personal Days (Cannot be Carried Over); 2 Bereavement Days; Employer/Employee Continuing Pension Plan; Work Clothes & a $100.00 Work Boot Allowance for the Road/Sewer Crew. When an Employee exceeds their Vacation & Personal Days the Employee Needs a medical Excuse for Additional Time Off. No Exceptions for Time off without Pay.
- Motion to Re-Appoint Chief of Police and Part-Time Police Officers as Follows:
- Kenneth Zipovsky as Chief of Police at $66,000/yr.
- New Hire Part-Time Police Officer at $20.00/hr.
- Motion that the Board of Supervisors appoint the following list of names for the Hometown Fire Co. as Township Fire Police for 2019.
- Motion to Appoint Edward Tite as the Emergency Management Coordinator.
- Motion to Appoint David H. Clewell Sr. as the EMA Assistant.
- Motion to Authorize the Treasurer to Pay Payroll Every Other Week.
- Motion to Set the Treasurer’s Bond Limits. (3 Million Dollars).
- Motion that the Chairman & Secretary be authorized to Sign the Recap Sheet & Bond for the Tax Collector when Due.
- Motion that the Board of Supervisors, or Employees deemed Necessary from the Board of Supervisors be Authorized to Attend the State Convention in Hershey, Pa. April 14-17, 2019. Authorize Mileage, Room, Hourly Pay Rate & $50.00/day Food Allowance for the 3 Days of Attendance.
- Motion to Name Board of Supervisors as the Voting Delegate & Employee as the Alternate Voting Delegate for the State Convention in Hershey, Pa.
- Motion to Authorize the Board of Supervisors & an Employee to Attend the 2019 PAHRA Conferences & include Mileage, Room, Food Allowance & Pay at Regular Rate.
- Motion to Authorize Elected Officials to Attend the Schuylkill Co. Convention & Pay them as Permitted by The Second-Class Twp. Code.
- Motion to Appoint One Registered Elector to Serve as the Chairman of the Vacancy Board for 2019 – Joseph P. Leonzi, Jr.
- Motion to Set Township Reimbursement Rate for Mileage for 2019 at .56/mile.
- Motion to Appoint a Resident Representative to the Eastern Schuylkill Recreation Commission for a One Year Term – Kelly Chicarelli
- Motion to Appoint a Supervisor Representative to the Eastern Schuylkill Recreation Commission for a One Year Term – Robert Leibensperger.
- Motion to Appoint Robert Leibensperger as a Representative & Jeaninne Motroni as an Alternate Representative to Attend the North Schuylkill Landfill Association Meetings.
- Motion to Set the Meeting Dates and Times for 2019, to be held Every 3rd Thursday of Each Month at 7pm. Except for the Month of January.
- Motion to Adopt Resolution 2019-02 (Signatures for Bank Accounts)
- Motion to Adopt Resolution 2019-03 Setting the Garbage & Recycling Collection & Disposal Fees.
- Motion to Adopt Resolution 2019-04 Setting the Sewer Fees for Lake Hauto.
- Motion to Adopt Resolution 2019-05 Setting the Sewer Fees for Hometown.
- Motion to Adopt Resolution 2019-06 Setting UCC Permit Fees Schedule.
- Motion to Adopt Resolution 2019-07 Appointing TCC Voting Delegates as Follows:
Primary Voting Delegate – Jeaninne Motroni, First Alternate Voting Delegate – Robert Leibensperger, Second Voting Delegate – Shawn Gilbert.
- Motion to Appoint the Alcohol/Drug – Free Workplace Supervisor – Chief of Police.
- Motion to Use the Standard Speaker as the Newspaper of the Township.
- Motion for TeamLogicIT to be our Computer & Website Consultant for the Township.
- Motion to Appoint Shawn Gilbert as Road Master for 2019.
- Motion to Appoint Shawn Gilbert as the Representative for COG (Council of Governments).
- Motion to Appoint Robert Leibensperger to Represent the 504 Plan.
- Motion to appoint Deborah DelFranco as Right-To-Know Officer known as Open Records.
A motion was made by Chairman Gilbert to approve all motions stated in the Re-Organization agenda. Vice Chairman Leibensperger approved and Supervisor Motroni seconded. Debbie DelFranco polled the board. All members voted in favor of the motion, motion carried.